Voting & Elections

Please see the Voting tab located on the home page for current election dates and information.
For new ID requirements click here.
Voting and election information
for the Town of Buffalo:

Polling Location
Registering To Vote
Absentee Voting
Related Web Sites

Polling Location:

Buffalo Town Hall
W3205 County O
Montello, WI

Back to Top

Registering to Vote

Each elector must complete a Voter Registration Application (EB-131). A registrant must complete all required fields and sign the application. This process can be completed by contacting the Town Clerk.

All electors must be registered before being issued a ballot.

Proof of Residence

The following constitute acceptable proof of residence if the document contains the elector’s current and complete nane and complete residential address within the town of Big Flats.

  1. A current and valid Wisconsin Driver’s license.
  2. A current and valid Wisconsin identification card issued by the Department of Transportation.
  3. Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit.
  4. Any identification card issued by an employer in the normal course of business and bearing a photo of the card holder, but not including a business card.
  5. A real-estate tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election.
  6. A residential lease which is effective for a period that includes Election Day (Not for first-time voters registering by mail).
  7. A university, college or technical institute fee card (must include photo).
  8. A university, college or technical institute identification card (must include photo).
  9. A gas, electric, or telephone service statement (utility bill for the period commencing not earlier that 90 days before Election Day.
  10. Bank statement.
  11. Paycheck.
  12. A check or other document issued by a unit of government.

NOTE: Any elector required to provide proof of residence at the polling place may use a corroborating witness if he or she is unable to provide proof of residence. The corroborating witness must be a qualified elector to the municipality and provide proof of residence.

If a registrant cannot provide proof of residence and does not have a corroborator, the individual CANNOT register or vote.

Voter Registration Forms (All link to the Government Accountability Board website)

Voter Registration Form – English, GAB-131

Voter Registration Form – English Fillable, GAB-131

Voter Registration Application Hmong, GAB-131

Voter Registration Application Spanish, GAB-131

Back to Top

Absentee Ballots

It is highly recommended that you contact the Town Clerk for information on absentee voting:
or through our Contact Page

Absentee Ballot Forms (All link to the Government Accountability Board website)

Absentee Ballot Request-English Fillable (Rev. 2013-02), GAB-121

Absentee Application-Spanish, GAB-121S

Absentee Application Hmong, GAB-121

Request to Discontinue Receiving Absentee Ballots, GAB-200

Back to Top

Related Web Sites

Government Accountability Board

Military & Overseas Voting

Voter ID Information

State of Wisconsin Voter Public Access

State of Wisconsin Voter Public Access

Wisconsin State Elections Board

National Voter Registration Act, Federal Election Commission

Voting Rights Act, Department of Justice

Back to Top